Apply to Croydon Council for a Household Support Fund grant – but you’ll need to act fast

Are you desperately struggling to pay the bills and put food on the table? If so you may be able to claim short-term emergency help from Croydon Council.

The Household Support Fund provides grants for people in urgent financial need to pay for food, gas, electricity and other essentials including beds and white goods. You can apply in your own name or on behalf of someone else.

To qualify you must be a Croydon resident, over 16 years of age, in urgent financial need and unable to get support elsewhere.

Full details of the scheme, including an application form to download, are on the Croydon Council website here.

You will need to act promptly because the fund closes on March 31, or earlier if all the money available has been allocated.